Tuesday 29 November 2011

First Entry - In the beginning & then a little later


Its usually a good thing for an artist to keep the first example of something or other, whatever the medium. In the case of my figure painting, I only have #2 to show (the first being a Tom Meier troglodyte (now stripped) very deserving of a top notch paint job). At the time, I only had five tubes of acrylic paint: thick, gloopy Windsor & Newton; Mars Black, Titanium White, Ultramarine Blue, Crimson, and Cadmium Yellow. Along with the acrylics, I had a supply of Humbrol enamels, which provided a silver and an appallingly bad flesh shade. And no primer come to think of it. That was my state of things in 1984.

Roll forward a few years to Brother Captain Marcas of the Dark Angels 6th Company. My painting log book says it took roughly 380 paint jobs spread over 8 years to get to this point. 20 years on and it is still one of my favourite miniatures.

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment